At GetMyCat, we believe that making missing cat flyers is the most important action to take to find your lost cat. In fact, we provide FREE “How to Make a Lost Cat Flyer” template that can be printed at home, and a paid flyer printing and mailing service.
If you’re going skip the pdf and make your flyers by hand, follow these instructions:
- Start with an “8 ½ x 11” or even better would be “11 x 17” sheet of paper.
- Make sure the paper is very bright, yellow or orange – if you can get NEON-colored paper, that would be ideal.
- Write “LOST CAT” or “MISSING CAT” in bold letters across the top.
- Affix a good photograph of your cat (link to “how to photograph your cat”)
- Print your missing cat’s name, breed, and date last seen.
- Describe your missing cat’s physical features and a description of your missing cat’s personality or characteristics.
- Clearly print your name and phone number.
- Include the words “REWARD” in bold letters if you will offer one.
Place flyers around your neighborhood, and beyond the area you believe your cat would travel. If you live in a townhouse or condominium, it’s a good idea to post a flyer near every cluster of mailboxes. Also, make a note to the community asking them to open and search their garages.
If you would like flyers delivered to your neighbors in their mailboxes, they must be delivered by the United States Postal Service (USPS). It is illegal for anyone except USPS to place items into a mailbox. Get My Cat offers full service missing cat flyer creation and delivery packages. For more information, go to Our Professional Flyer and Poster Services.
Whether you opt for hand-made flyers, print them from our pdf, or pay for them to be made, don’t delay. Posting flyers is the single most important step you can take when finding a lost cat. The sooner you post missing cat flyers, the better your chances will be for recovering your lost cat.